Born2BondTM Flex is a flexible, elastic and low-odor, instant adhesive with exceptional adhesion to a very broad range of materials and surfaces. It has a curing time of only six minutes and becomes a polymer with more than 200% of elongation within 10 minutes. Its working times (in-mixer) can be up to six minutes. It can be used for high-volumetric gap filling, and achieves instant adhesion to most plastics, wood and metals and to porous and irregular surfaces.
- Fixture time in 60 seconds
- Hardens in 5-10 minutes
- Elongation > 200 %
- Absorbs impacts and vibrations
- High peel strength
- Bonds a large range of materials including glass
- Translucent, low blooming
- Gel consistency for precise application
- Non sagging for vertical applications
Directions for use
- Before applying Born2Bond Flex, make sure the surface is clean, dry and grease-free.
- To use, Part A and Part B must be blended.
- The product can be applied directly from the syringe using the plunger supplied and dispensed through the recommended mixing nozzle.
- Hold the syringe upright and insert the plunger.
- While keeping the syringe in an upright position, remove the cap, attach the mixing nozzle, and begin dispensing the adhesive upward until any bubbles present in the smaller component have been removed.
- Dispense and discard a bead as long as the mixing nozzle, to ensure sufficient mixing.
- Apply the mixed adhesive to one of the bond surfaces to be joined.
- Parts should be assembled immediately after the mixed adhesive has been applied.
- Bonds should be held by fixing or clamping until the adhesive has cured. Prevent assembled parts from moving during cure.
- The bond should be allowed to develop to full strength before being subjected to any service load (typically 24 hours).
The common applications of this product are bonding leather, making elastic and waterproof joints, flexible bonding, bonding floor coverings and particle boards, damping vibrations, reinforcing parts, bonding glass and rubber.
Storage / Shelf life
Optimal storage: 2°C to 8°C (35.6°F to 46.4°F). Storage below 2°C (35.6°F) or greater than 8°C (46.4°F) can adversely affect the product’s properties. If stored properly, this product has a shelf life of 9 months from the packaging date.
Health / Safety
The Safety Data Sheet is available on the Bostik website and should be consulted for proper handling, cleanup and spill containment before use. Keep containers covered to minimize contamination.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen-rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials. Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use. Do not return the product to the original container. Bostik will not assume responsibility for product that has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than those previously indicated. If additional information is required, please contact your local Technical Service Center or customer service representative.