Born2BondTM Repair is a patented, gap-filling, instant adhesive and repair product with excellent adhesion to a very broad range of materials and surfaces. Repair is ideal for instant bonding and repairing because it combines the strength of a structural adhesive with the speed of an instant adhesive. A tough polymer is achieved within a hardening time of under 10 minutes and the gel consistency enables application in any orientation.
- Fixture time in 60 seconds
- Hardens in 5-10 minutes
- Instant adhesion with high bonding strength
- Low volume shrinkage: 4.3 %
- Fills gaps of any volume
- Bonds a large range of materials
- Machinable once hardened
- Gel consistency for precise application
- Non sagging for vertical applications
Directions for use
- Before applying Born2Bond Repair, make sure the surface is clean, dry and grease-free.
- To use, Part A and Part B must be blended.
- The product can be applied directly from the syringe using the plunger supplied and dispensed through the recommended mixing nozzle.
- Hold the syringe upright and insert the plunger.
- While keeping the syringe in an upright position, remove the cap, attach the mixing nozzle, and begin dispensing the adhesive upward until any bubbles present in the smaller component have been removed.
- Dispense and discard a bead as long as the mixing nozzle, to ensure sufficient mixing.
- Apply the mixed adhesive to one of the bond surfaces to be joined.
- Parts should be assembled immediately after the mixed adhesive has been applied.
- Bonds should be held by fixing or clamping until the adhesive has cured. Prevent assembled parts from moving during cure.
- The bond should be allowed to develop to full strength before being subjected to any service load (typically 24 hours).
Typical applications for this product are aftermarket (side mirrors, bumpers, spoiler aprons) repairs, wood repair and reconstruction, rubber door bonding, automotive joint bonding.
Storage / Shelf life
Optimal storage: 2°C to 8°C (35.6°F to 46.4°F). Storage below 2°C (35.6°F) or greater than 8°C (46.4°F) can adversely affect the product’s properties. If stored properly, this product has a shelf life of 12 months from the packaging date.
Health / Safety
The Safety Data Sheet is available on the Bostik website and should be consulted for proper handling, cleanup and spill containment before use. Keep containers covered to minimize contamination.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/ or oxygen-rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials. Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use. Do not return product to the original container. Bostik will not assume responsibility for product that has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than those previously indicated. If additional information is required, please contact your local Technical Service Center or customer service representative.