Born2BondTM Light Lock is a low-odor, low-blooming, dual curing (contact and light-curing), cyanoacrylate adhesives. They are designed for bonding applications that require fast fixturing, coating or surface cure.
The UV- and visible-light cure sensitivity allows rapid bonding through transparent parts and quick curing of light-exposed bulk or surface-coated areas, while the instant bonding capability ensures cure between opaque substrates (contact cure).
- Dual cure formulation: instant and photo-cure
- Fixture time in 60 s (without light exposure)
- Can be cured with visible and UV-LED light <5 sec
- Long open time without activation
- Dry to touch, tack-free surface cure
- Cure-on-demand of excess material released from bond lines
- Bonds, fills, reconstructs and coats
- Low odor, low blooming
- Available in a range of viscosities: MV, HV and Gel
Directions for use
- Before applying Born2Bond Light Lock, make sure the surface is clean, dry and grease-free.
- Apply adhesive to one surface. Do not use items like tissues or a brush to spread the adhesive.
- Assemble the parts within a few seconds. The parts should be accurately positioned, as the short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Bonds should be fixed or clamped until the adhesive has reached the fixture.
- The product should be allowed to develop to full strength before subjecting it to any service loads (typically 24 to 72 hours after assembly, depending on the bond gap, materials and ambient conditions).
Typical applications for this product are conformal coating, encapsulation, needle bonding, perfume and liquor bottle metal bonding, electronics assembly, Plastic to metal bonding for hearing aids, and glass to metal bonding for jewelry and watches.
Storage / Shelf life
Optimal Storage: 2°C to 8°C (35.6°F to 46.4°F). Storage below 2°C (35.6°F) or greater than 8°C (46.4°F) can adversely affect the product’s properties. If stored properly, this product has a shelf life of 12 months from the packaging date.
Health / Safety
The Safety Data Sheet is available on the Bostik website and should be consulted for proper handling, cleanup and spill containment before use. Keep containers covered to minimize contamination.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/ or oxygen-rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials. Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use. Do not return product to the original container. Bostik will not assume responsibility for product that has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than those previously indicated. If additional information is required, please contact your local Technical Service Center or customer service representative.